Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 05:47 PM

papabear1126 is on a distinguished road

papabear1126 is on a distinguished road
Between Kanoe and you I may Finally make some headway. This has been driving me crazy for years now.
I have two "97s" manf 8/96 and 10/96.
The manf 8/96 is a Limited Automatic and has had this slight wander on the highway and I have spent countless hours only to nail down what only you two have mentioned.
The differences in the 96s in the steering! Months and videos and countless research till today!
I have changed Almost everything else except the rack itself because I read to many times guys spent all that on oem rack, hoses, etc and Still have the issue!
Yes I did all the other things minus the tilt ball shim and change the lower rag joint.
So, IF I read this right, my only real option is to hunt the yards to find a 97 with the updated better spring?
I am not buying the entire:
45290-35030 Yoke Sub-Assy, Steering Sliding $311.23 W(TILT STEERING)
Production Date:11/1995-06/1997
Fitting Vehicle Options: RZN18#, VZN18# Part Name Code:45209
It says "Replaced By:45290-35031" but that says discontinued!
So, I guess I have to go spring hunting? No luck on the part # if any for the parts discussed?
Read beyond the tack weld too, ty Kanoe. Good thing I read till the very end because I nearly ordered the LC 100 part out of FL.
I will take and post any pics etc of what I find. The differences mentioned etc.
Please! Keep this alive and updated as I am sure Many like us have not gotten this far that have the older version.
WTG on the posts!

97 4Runner Limited 183+K
97 4Runner SR5 308+K Never A Breakdown
Best Vehicles I Ever Owned
Jim Thorpe, Poconos PA.
papabear1126 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote