Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 10:45 PM

Real Name: I no longer post or contribute to site that doesn't value members or their contributions.
Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice

Real Name: I no longer post or contribute to site that doesn't value members or their contributions.
Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice Old Red is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sport View Post
Thanks for the reply, waiting for the seller to respond. For now I have reinstalled the orig MPX. I was poking around with techstream and did find a "configuration" area that read out the MPX part number that appeared to have a few extra digits at the end, presumably indicating a configuration. Have not bothered to reinstall the used replacement MPX to get the techstream readout. In your opinion should a used MPX from a limited with smart key be plug and play in mine?
Keep in mind I only have the experience with the one Limited MPX here, but I would venture a guess and say yes, it should be plug and play. Remember, the keyed ignition models have the MPX acting as the Key RF code receiver whereas the smart key system has a separate ECU acting as that system, which then tells the Limited MPX to unlock the doors.

So I guess what I am saying is that the MPX in the Limited is not tied to any part of the smart key system other than being able to accept communications from that system vs. a non-smart system MPX which cannot.
Old Red is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote