Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 03:44 PM

CO_Fletch is on a distinguished road

CO_Fletch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19963.4lsr5 View Post
When it seems like a dead battery where are you testing the battery voltage at?
I've been testing at the battery posts/terminals + to -

Quote:
When it happens next time read from the frame to the two big wires in the underhood junction box.

If you read zero volts check negative terminal on battery to the same two wires.

If still zero volts then read the negative terminal to the positive terminal.

If you’re reading 12.8v and it seems like a totally dead battery it’s a connection on one of the battery posts.
I only see one large wire in the fuse junction box (positive feed). Voltage from that wire to frame is 12.8v and from negative terminal/post to large wire is also 12.8v. Would that lead you to believe this is a starter relay issue (the large relay in corner of fuse box)? If so, I could remove and test but not sure how to test (what normal and functioning would be). There is a diagram on the top, but not sure what state is expected and triggered and how to trigger.

Quote:
Do you own a battery terminal and post cleaner?
Yes, the connections look good and no corrosion. I was going to disconnect and clean but was thinking that might reset the issue and stop my troubleshooting so waiting to do that since it had been fine for a while so bad connection doesn't seem to be an issue.
CO_Fletch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote