Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 05:59 AM

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough

tv4184 will become famous soon enough tv4184 will become famous soon enough
07/19/20 - Pre Front lift / small mods

I decided to have a friend of mine do the install for the front since it needed some welding and he could get the alignment done all in one go. The @eimkeith PCK, body mount chop, and rear reservoir install were originally meant for the 4th gen. Those were what I was headed to the shop for when I lost the 4Runner in the first place. In any case, figured I'd save myself the trouble and have him dial it all in for me.

I bought the eimkeith PCK after finding it in this thread: panhard correction kits 4th gen fix panhard bar angle Bought over 2 years ago... I remember telling him about how the bracket should fit 4th gens if he designed it for the 5th gen axle.

I got these Dirt King LCAs from the classifieds. They came off a 5th gen and I got the sleeves for the 4th gen to end up not even needing them. The other parts came off my 4th gen of course.

I discovered when I first got the FJ home last month, I was missing one of the studs for my rear tire carrier. Also scary was, I made the 800 mile trip with the other two lugs loose. I didn't think to check them prior to getting on the road. Was lucky that it didn't come off. This will also be fixed. I got a bag of black brake bolts (M12-1.5 x 35mm) off eBay meant for a BMW brake job for this. That was the closest length that matched the stock ones. I didn't want to get a hardware store variant because I didn't want to hunt down a black one (didn't want to constantly have to paint it).

Prior to sending her off to the shop I did the first oil change for her in the driveway. Installed my F-133 Fumoto valve that I took off my 4th gen. Same size as most Toyotas since my IS300 also uses the same one. Won't get too deep into it but its a great product.

I did a comparison between the skid plates on my friend's 5th gen and my FJ. Pretty much the same thing. I wanted to see if I bought 2010+ skid plates for a 4Runner, if they would work on my FJ.

Parts are being installed quicker than I can update the thread. That is if I was on as often as I was before.

Part Installed
- Fumoto F-133 valve

Future Parts
- Fox 2.5 extended travel coilovers
- TrueTravel UCAs
- Dirt King LCAs
- eimkeith PCK
- custom BMC

// 4G V8 // 3G 2.7 5MT // Model 3 // IS300 5MT // FD RX7 //

Last edited by tv4184; 09-24-2020 at 06:38 AM.
tv4184 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote