Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 10:54 AM

darksparkz is on a distinguished road

darksparkz is on a distinguished road
6112/5160 - Do I need rear springs/spacers, or can I reuse factory rear springs?

So I've read through some of the posts here, I have a 2020 SR5P and would like to get rid of the "boat" feeling and nose drive during braking. I am 98% on-road highway pavement, with maybe once a year light trails, no rock crawling yet. Stock wheels/tires now, will upgrade in the next year. No added weight, other than factory 3rd row seats. Will contemplate RTT in next few years.

I'm thinking to go with 6112/5160 instead of 5100 all around, since I'm already doing the labor myself, I'm OK with spending a bit more over the 5100's for a nicer set up, for a happy medium between basic shocks and premium coilovers.

Option A: 6112/5160 w/ Wheeler's T13 1.5" Rear Springs (or Icon 2") - This means set front lift to 2.5"?

Option B: 6112/5160 w/ Cornfed 1" Rear Spacer, reusing stock rear springs - This means front lift to 2" I believe?

Option C: 6112/5160, reuse stock rear springs - This means set front lift of 0.8"

The question is, do I need to go with aftermarket rear springs instead of reusing OEM springs? I don't have a need for much of a lift now, and then maybe when I do get wheels in the next year, I can re-consider rear spacers or rear springs. Or is it better to just do that now, wondering if it will be "small" looking with the oem wheels/tires lifted a bit.

I figured the difference from Option A and B is just paying $100 extra for springs, instead of getting a spacer.
darksparkz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote