View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 10:28 AM

Berty_K has a spectacular aura about Berty_K has a spectacular aura about Berty_K has a spectacular aura about

Berty_K has a spectacular aura about Berty_K has a spectacular aura about Berty_K has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickname View Post
This was one of my first mods and I can’t tell you how often I have used it since I put it in. I orginally bought a viair compressor kit that came with a tank. I got the 450CC kit with the 100% duty cycle compressor. Although this compressor has lower cfm, I liked that I could run it as long as I wanted in case I needed to air up friends as well. I mounted the compressor in the engine bay and mounted the tank in the front bumper using some big L brackets. I don’t usually leave the tank pressurized so I wasn’t too worried about it in case of a crash. I’ll have bigger worries if that happens.
This setup was great and worked well while I had the factory tire size. With 33’s, it was taking too long and was time for an upgrade. Amazon had a sale of a two pack of the same 450CC 100% duty cycle compressors. As fun as triple air compressors would be, I thought that would be a little overkill. Luckily, my friend agreed (he was running the same air setup as me at the time), so we split the two pack in order to each run dual air compressor setups. I made a new mounting plate and left my tank in the same spot. I turn on the compressors as I’m nearing the end of the trail to get the tank filled. With this setup, I can fill up all my tires from 18 to 38 psi in under 10min. Additionally, I only had to drill 3 holes total to mount the tank and compressors. The compressor plate uses all factor mounting locations except for 1 bolt and the air compressor hangs on L brackets mounted into a crossmember in front of the condenser.
Curious to see how you mounted that tank.

Also this place look familiar? We were on Saints John trail just a few months ago