Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 11:24 PM

payeentbawlur is on a distinguished road

payeentbawlur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdguy View Post
another thing to mention about the KYB vs stock is they provide a bit of a lift in the front due to the new/stiffer springs. mine gained about 1-1.5" over the 145k but not sagging stock fronts, gave the 4runner an almost leveled stance.

i would not consider kyb "NOT" good, they arent the "best" but for the price they are hard to beat & are very good quality & ride. gotta compare allples to apples for things like this. if you do some research they get excellent reviews for any vehicle.

& any brand shock can fail depending on the use or manufacturer defects... kyb's lifetime warranty will replace a failed shock free of charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA4RUNNERGUY View Post
I just read through this post and the comment from firebirdguy caught my attention. That when installing the KYB's in the front will raise the front end, possibly leveling it out.

I have a leaking front shock and will need to replace it soon and planning to get the KYB's. I did not know this when I installed the Daystar 1" level kit about a month ago. The guy at the shop either didn't notice it or didn't see the need to tell me, or it happened after the fact. Not sure.

Should i remove the Daystar level kit when installing the KYB's since these may provide the front leveling I want? Or do the KYB's eventually settle and the front rake returns?

Thanks,
BEFORE KYB:

AFTER KYB:

So the before image is with a blown strut on the stock suspension with 200k miles.

The after is with the KYB shocks installed in the front and back. With the same rubber, different rims. No spacers, all suspension lift.

It resulted in a significant lift and level for the front. I didn't bother measuring unfortunately. But that can give you a bit of an example of what you may get on your rig.

Last edited by payeentbawlur; 09-29-2020 at 11:27 PM.
payeentbawlur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote