Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 07:57 PM

iseeu1001 is on a distinguished road

iseeu1001 is on a distinguished road
changing the front brake pads was the hardest!

I changed the rear easily but the fronts man those 2 brake pads facing each other as apposed to the rears where the brake pads face away from each other and you have to just take the pads out and put new hardware but nooo the fronts have to be a little more difficult and the stupid pins I almost felt like smashing it to pieces and I cant let the freaking brake caliper or whatever its call hang on the brake like the rears do so I had to hold it which was a pain.

I did manage to put it together in one piece now I just gotta do the other side tomorrow I started at 6 and didn't finish the passenger front side until about 7:30 but of course I am using a bottle jack(bought from advance auto) and the tire lug wrench that came with the car.

Whats weird is the brake pads still had meat left on them and yet they were squeaking when I braked even the rears. I just have to look at the left front and see if the squeaking goes away after that otherwise maybe the rotor needs replacement?

Not sure but the caliper in the front passenger of course since I did the brakes had like some rust pieces coming of so I had used some air in a can to blast them.

I like working on my own car but man, why are rear brake pad smaller then the fronts? Isn't this suv suppose to RWD based which I am guessing means the rears need more braking power.
iseeu1001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote