View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 10:47 AM

Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light

Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light Formidable is a glorious beacon of light
Driver side went faster after learning the ropes on the passenger side. I had to use a drill and screw extractor to get one of the three screws out under the mirror on each side. Also a major time suck was figuring out how to get the wiring through. Eventually fed through the OEM swivel grommet. Not much space and need to be careful with the 20 year old OEM wiring/harness.

Install time is significant but I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Overall the quality is OEM as you would expect to see from a part made in Japan. No time wasted there. Direct fit for the OEM mirror internals once transferred over. Even comes color matched and cleared from factory, (albeit only a handful of colors). The set just adds the LED DRL, turn signals, and puddle lamps. Surprisingly lots of compliments even though only on the truck for a few days. Unique mod instantly recognizable as custom/JDM by 4runner/Tacoma owners. Given the age of the 3rd gen, this part is discontinued. I’m working on bringing a few sets stateside. If interested send me a PM. Obviously once these are gone... gone for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pj Benn View Post
Looks solid. Wouldn’t mind doing that but I don’t know if I want to dedicate 6 hrs to the install. Did the drivers side go faster since you had it figured out? How much time did you spend on the loctite nail removal?

BUILD THREAD

Formidable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote