Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 12:28 PM

Proyota is on a distinguished road

Proyota is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisTN View Post
I think I have resolved my vibration issue! Reading back through this post, it seems my solution may be related to some but not all who are experiencing this issue. The first time I felt this vibration was on a (rare) snowy day here in TN back in Jan 2014, which is similar to what some have said above.

I replaced the bearing in the idler pulley on the belt tensioner last night. Drove to work this morning, and the vibration is COMPLETELY gone. Quite a relief after over a year of chasing this. Replacement part was $17. I ended up pressing the bearing out of the replacement part and pressed it into the OEM idler pulley. Hope this helps at least a few of you in eliminating the on/off the gas vibrations!
Just wanted to thank you for commenting on this thread. Our 4Runner is at 133K and we just did a ton of preventative maintenance. Including: replacing the serpentine drive belt, Serp Belt Tensioner / Pulley Assembly and the Serp Idler Pulley.

The harmonic vibration if gone! The Idler Pulley Bearing may have been the root cause. It was worn, had developed play, was rough when spinning.

Last edited by Proyota; 10-11-2020 at 12:31 PM.
Proyota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote