Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 10:52 PM

AU TRD is on a distinguished road

AU TRD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMSF View Post
Hi, I'm looking at new tires and wheels and leaning towards 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks. The specs show them to be a "big" 275 at 32.4in diameter, kind of in-between a 275 and 285 when compared to more standard sizing. So after a bunch of searching it seems like a lot of the advice on here about going bigger is tough to apply to these specific tires.

Anyone running 275 Wildpeaks with stock suspension and if so, any issues with rubbing?

For wheels, I'm eyeing the Relations Race Wheels RR5 17"x8.5" in 0 offset (if they come back in stock soon as promised). Motegi Trailites MR150 are looking like solid, cheaper backup option.

Fwiw, I've been running 18"x9" wheels with 32.13" Cooper ATs for a few years with no rubbing. Previous owner installed, and it's about time to replace tires so I'm taking the opportunity to do it all and go back to 17s.
I've run these tires on my stock '16 Trail for 15,000 miles. I rub on the driver's side fender liner at full lock in reverse. Occasionally I hit the mudflaps if I'm turning and hit a bump.