Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 05:54 PM

rexassian is on a distinguished road

rexassian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurposeIs View Post
Really awesome meeting you!! I'm the guy with the black dog that approached you under the big tree at Hidden Falls. I'm still compiling videos and pictures from my first trip offroading so I can't wait to show friends and family a video of how it went. My brake setup is unfortunately working very well right now and I just learned to weld in order to make an axle tool to rebuild my rear axle seals and bearings. Sigh..... maybe mine will start leaking and I'll have a reason to convert to rear calipers Could I buy the schematic off you or would you recommend I just measure and cut/drill myself or would you even want to make a set and I'll buy them from you sometime? Also, is there a good write-up on the 76 Blazer master cylinder conversion? I deleted my ABS at the same time, added a proportioning valve and residual valve while reusing all of the oem lines. I wouldn't mind making a diy how to for people who want to increase the size of their master and don't want to pay almost $300 for the land cruiser MC while deleting abs and getting rid of the ABS.
Cheers! Looking at your truck in person blew my mind. I need to invest in a good lift ASAP!

Login • Instagram
Thanks for the kind words, good to meet you as well. For the brake backing plates, you can take the template I had earlier in the thread and print it out at 34% scaling and it should line up, just double check the caliper bracket mounting bolts distance between each other. I searched through @sleepydad 's build thread for the measurements and then re-drew using tinkercad. I don't really want to sell them as A. @midcoma has a kit which is very high quality and I don't want to take away from all the dev work he did, also liability, etc... Also, I think @midcoma has a blazer master cyl upgrade with TBU so you might look through his build thread or maybe add to it. Never a bad idea to do a write up in any case though.

As for the lift, I can't recommend the Sonoran Steel kit enough. It was great to chat with the owner there and get all the stuff working together well.