View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 11:16 PM

gaber6 has a spectacular aura about gaber6 has a spectacular aura about

gaber6 has a spectacular aura about gaber6 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchee2 View Post
Hey guys, my sister has a 07 sport 4wd v6 that we been fighting a dead battery problem for about a year now. She lives in Texas, I am in CA so only remote support for me.

The rig keeps killing batteries to the point I had her buy a jump box and its been used at least 6 times in the last couple months. Finally got it nailed down tonight as to what is causing the drain. She got home from work, dark outside, shut it down and locked it with the key fob. The lights turn off. Goes inside her apartment for the evening. Her friend gets home an hour later and told her she left the headlights on. Sure enough the light are on.

I had her Unlock it, manually turn the lights off. Turns them back to auto, closes the door and lock with the FOB, lights still on. Open its starts the truck, shut it off, locks with the fob and they turn off like the are supposed to.

What in the world is going on? Its got a new alternator (figured thats why the batteries dying), on its 3rd battery and replaced the Headlight relay. Are there any other relays that might be sticking or is the BCM going out? Thoughts?
What if she double clicks instead of once when arming? Will that turn the lights off? I usually do that since I get home late and don't want to have the lights on around my neighbors.
gaber6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote