Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 02:06 AM

itsgabriel is on a distinguished road

itsgabriel is on a distinguished road
Looking at upgrading my head unit in my 99' soon. Which Alpine model did you go with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeakSauz View Post
- Sound Dampening material in the doors, entire floor board, and rear cargo area/ wheel wells

- Alpine Double Din with Apple Car Play, backup camera and hands free calls

- LED lighting in interior

- Welding the slip joint and shimming the tilt ball in my 240k Mile steering shaft made a major difference for me in drive-ability (not recommended if safety is of utmost importance to you, or if other fam members drive your rig).

- If you're lifted, an aftermarket set of UCAs to get alignment within spec. I was shocked at the improvement when adding mine

- Arguable point, and only my opinion. But, removing the front sway bar made the truck drive much smoother, absorb bumps in the road without as much drama, improved offroad articulation, etc. I don't notice an excessive amount of body roll. I have yet to experience a single downside to removing it, and it's been off for 12k miles. However, literally every bushing in the front end is new, along with new oem steering rack, LBJs, etc (i think removing the swaybar on a worn out 4runner may net you some negative results)
itsgabriel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote