Notices

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 07:32 AM

CowboyTaco is on a distinguished road

CowboyTaco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnin4mylife View Post
This may be a crazy question but do these work well if your phone has a case? I would assume it's the same as a normal non boosted signal getting to your phone through a case. I watched the videos on these devices and it shows the cell signal picked up by antenna and coming into the cab, signal getting boosted, and then the signal runs to the cradle. Is that how this device works?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't imagine a case would have much, if any, negative impact. The ones with the cradle are generally considered to be single user devices where the ones with the internal antenna are considered multi-user devices.

It is best to mount the internal antenna close to where you will be using the phone. One of the YouTube videos I watched they guy showed how much better the boost was when the phone was 1-2" from the internal antenna.

Also, worth mentioning that the "Drive Reach" (basically the red one) is the latest and greatest. It is supposed to have double the uplink power, which in turn gets better communication with the towers and can reach towers further away.
CowboyTaco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote