View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 10:34 AM

Montego Murph will become famous soon enough Montego Murph will become famous soon enough

Montego Murph will become famous soon enough Montego Murph will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOff View Post
Guess i am not following...as in a bad yaw sensor?
Locking the center diff causes it to slip?

That make no sense to me... the locking of the center part.
If anything there is less chance of any slipping with center diff lock.
At least when i have used it... the diff lock.
Well, no... not like that. This was my theory:

For some reason (like the angle your truck was sitting at the moment,) I thought MAYBE the ECU was activating the traction control which reduces power to the wheels.

To test this idea, I suggested you lock the center differentials briefly if it happened again. Not because you needed more traction though -- When you activate the center differential locker, it also turns OFF the traction control systems.

Now that I'm reading the posts again... something you may want to check is the white plug going from the ECM to the transmission (driver's side of the transmission, just under the gas pedal area) for corrosion. The whole "acting like it's in neutral and then it's fine later" symptom sounds like something I went through a few years ago, and I had corroded pins.
Montego Murph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote