Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 11:20 AM

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodge87 View Post
Hi All!

Just bought a 2001 Limited last weekend and brought it home to NYC.

Looking to send it in for a rust protection coating at a body shop somewhere in the city and I am curious if anyone has any guidance on what sort of rust protection services to go for, and also, what to avoid.

The underside of the truck is in really good condition, so I don't want to have it coated with something that is going to cause me problems down the line.

As a side note, I don't plan on doing an awful lot of miles in it, but considering we are in the rust best, I want to do what I can to keep the truck in good condition.

Thanks for the help!
If you are looking for a paint type coating then POR 15 or similar. You might have to call a few shops to find a decent price.

If it was me, then I would do the wd40 treatment or fluid film. They work best with yearly applications, but I think they work better and coat more thoroughly than POR 15/paint products in tough to reach spots like the frame rails. It can be a bit messy to apply wd40/fluid film and try to avoid getting it on the exhaust as much as possible.