Old 10-29-2020, 01:30 AM

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about
2003 VSC Off Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_nlsn View Post
VSC Off Mod
I also recently did the VSC Off mod

I followed @LTDSC 's method - here's a link to his write up (basically exactly what mine says, but if mine is confusing or doesn't make sense, be sure to check his out): https://www.toyota-4runner.org/2266263-post872.html

+========================+

The wiring diagram shows that the red w/ blue stripe wire coming out of pin 22 on the 4WD ECU connector is the center diff lock sensor wire

The purpose of this mod is to trick the skid control ECU into thinking the center diff is locked, because that is the only condition that disables VSC for us 03-05 v6's

When the center diff is locked, this wire is grounded, so that is what this mod does - grounds this wire on command with the push of a button

That is the wire you want to tap into. The wire you use to tap into it with will be run back to the driver side panel - or wherever your switch is

You DO NOT want to break this wire's circuit as it still needs to sense when the center diff is actually locked - so only tap into it via a T-Tap connector or just stripping the wire back and adding your wire to make a 'Y'

This is the switch I used - Amazon.com: CH4X4 Push Switch for Toyota - VSC Symbol - Red Led: Automotive

Here is it's wiring diagram

For the backlight power, I stole the wire from the 115W switch connector since I don't have that switch

The outside green wire is the dash light circuit, so I connected that factory green wire the to the red 2 wire on the switch (excuse the bad electrical tape job - I was doing it solo)

Then, since I want to ground the red/blue CDL wire, I tied the green and black wires of the switch together and grounded them - because in this instance, my "power source" and "ground" are the same thing

Lastly, I connected the wire I used to tap into red/blue wire to the red 1 wire of the switch.

So know you have:
-Green and Black switch wires running to ground
-Red 1 switch wire running to red w/ blue CDL wire
-Red 2 switch wire connected to green factory switch wire
-And the ability to turn VSC off at anytime

And this results in the CDL and VSC Off lights coming on (No clue why LTDSC's CDL light doesn't come on)

View post on imgur.com

I can push this button at anytime - 2wd, 4wd, driving down the road, etc - and the lights come on as they should

The odd thing I found about this setup with my switch, is that the light in the switch that is supposed to come on when you push the switch in is reversed - so the "activated" light is always on, and turns off when I push the switch in -I actually honestly kinda like this too, because it looks better that way in the dark when the dash lights are on

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 340k miles (175k engine swapped @ 326k) // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's

@toto.runner // Build Thread // Engine Swap Write-Up

Last edited by P_nlsn; 11-16-2020 at 08:36 PM.
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote