Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 06:25 PM

FD7683 will become famous soon enough FD7683 will become famous soon enough

FD7683 will become famous soon enough FD7683 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpin View Post
Thanks. No idea when it was last changed. The car has 210k on it. The PO had the timing belt changed about 60k ago. I was aware of pink milkshake issue, and specifically asked him about it. He never had that issue. I have his service records -- I don't remember seeing AT fluid change. I also checked the radiator when I bought the car and the fluid was fine. Toyota also checked 5k miles ago (or so they told me they did) and there were no issues there.

Car keeps temp. perfectly. Idles perfectly. etc.
Have a good sniff on the dipstick, and the hole that it goes in. If it smells burnt, it's bad news. Can you also post a picture of the ATF condition? since you said it looks muddy? You don't have to. Rub the transmission fluid with both your fingers, and have a feel for it - if it feels a bit grainy, there's an issue going on, or it's been neglected.

Based on my knowledge, you are taking a gamble if you change the fluid (especially if it smells, and looks burnt).

2000 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 Limited Sport Package V6

Last edited by FD7683; 10-30-2020 at 06:32 PM.
FD7683 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote