View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 12:30 AM

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_H View Post
Thanks for the responses so far. Not excited about potentially needing to replace it, but I can definitely save cost doing the work myself (I've handled worse). Is it worth trying to seal the leak, or just replacing?

The hissing does sound like it's coming from below and to the left, but it's kinda hard to pinpoint exactly. I just took a quick video to illustrate what I mean, but the hissing doesn't come across very well.

2007 4Runner Brake Accumulator Hissing? - Album on Imgur
Really, the only two parts of the master cylinder assembly that go bad are the pump and the accumulator. Personally, I'd say if you can happen to find where it's leaking from, why not give sealing it a shot and see if you can save some money - what's the worst that can happen

The repair manual says the rear brake lines can see up to 1,800 psi at full pressure, so I'd assume the accumulator must store at least that, if not more - so if you seal it, make sure it's a strong one
^^^^ If that is incorrect, please let me know ^^^^

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 340k miles (175k engine swapped @ 326k) // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's

@toto.runner // Build Thread // Engine Swap Write-Up

Last edited by P_nlsn; 11-05-2020 at 12:32 AM.
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote