Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 11:14 PM

NYCgirl is on a distinguished road

NYCgirl is on a distinguished road
Angry FS:NEED ADVICE ON 2nd Gen - Classic T4R - $7K - 134K miles, Los Angeles, CA

Hoping for advice here.. I bought a 1995 T4R for $7K with 134K miles on it in Los Angeles, CA through a private buyer. He had claimed that the car was in "excellent" condition, no accidents. Carfax looked great.
I took it to a shop this am and they looked at it and told me it's in bad shape. Transmission is no good, the rear differential bearings are shot, the shocks are worn out on it .. the mechanic said it looks like it's been in a front and rear accident because the radiator is wrapped where it should be bolted, etc. etc. It's bad.
I had taken to a mechanic before buying it for a pre-purchase inspection through a referral of the seller (i know, i know.. first time buyer over here, learned my lesson).
I don't think this guy is going to give my money back and i'm looking to recoup some of my losses. Any ideas where I could sell this and get some money back? I'm in Santa Monica.
NYCgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote