Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 05:26 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffdog View Post
Can you please take down or edit the post where you incorrectly remove the CV axle with a home-depot woodworking prybar and a hammer and damage the differential housing and seals?

This is the tool that should be used every time:

Amazon.com: OEM TOOLS 27305 Axle Popper Kit, Fork & Shim Tool, Remove Most Vehicles’ Half-Shaft Drive Axles, Fix Damaged CV Joints: Automotive
Sure, I will update it with the CV forks and try to find some applicable pics of them in action. I agree that I didn't use the most optimized tools for the job, and I now know there are better ways to do things, but its certainly not worth throwing the whole thing out over.

I'll keep the part about the seal damage, and I didn't see any damage to the differential housing after you commented on the original post. Making a mistake is an important part of learning for me, and thats why I specifically made a section on the mistakes I made. Others can see how I messed up and learn from me. If it took 2 $15 seals for me to grow as a home mechanic, then I'm not going to loose sleep over that. Its been about 3000 miles since I did that repair, and there are no leaks.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote