Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 07:35 PM

MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice

MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice MikeinNH67 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captsolo View Post
Buy the whole "unit" replacement, not just the bearing. Had this done on one bearing after 105,000 miles.

Simple job if you don't have to replace just the bearing. Bolt new one on. bolt old one off. Otherwise you need a "press"! And...

Otherwise a good mechanic will have to bang out the old bearing which can take a couple of hours.

Amazon.com: DTA Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Full Assembly NT515040G3 Brand New With Studs Compatible with 4WD Tacoma 4 Runner Lexus GX470 GX460 4WD Only: Automotive
Like I mentioned, I do have a press but would prefer a whole unit. I just can't seem to find any with name brand bearings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda pc View Post
Go to rock auto.. Look for NSK brand, timken BCA... All seemed to be NSK brand with USA made bearings .. But key is to look at pics close close up.. Saids NSK, USA, JAPAN... And if no indication of country name.. Dont buy.. Its china crap..

I bought from amazon 2 nsk bearing for front wheel and 2 NSK rear hub assembly from rockauto for my seinna and it was labeled NSK, with usa made bearings. No problems so far.. Front has 90k miles. Rear is less then 5k miles so far.. Catch is if no country origin markings on bearing face, then its china junk bearings.. Even some timken are china nowadays.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This is good info but Rockauto only seems to sell the bearing itself not the hub assembly. Maybe I'll buy a cheapo and experiment on the old one.

I also see Detroit Axle units on Amazon for a decent price. Some comments say made in the US, others not. Hard to tell what is accurate. This is really taking longer than I'd like.

One other thing, I see some also come with an o-ring and oil seal. Ugh, decisions.

03 4runner Limited
1GR-FE V6 w/199k miles
MikeinNH67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote