Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 12:43 PM

RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold

RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
I went back to Kennedy Park again today with both of my 4X4s. I took my Enduro Trailrunner to the big hill. I had installed some brass weights on the wheels last week, and it was my first time using the truck since installing them. On ascent, the truck's waaaaaaaaay better. I barely had to saw back and forth to get up the hill today. I could even use minimal throttle, and the truck had grip for days. It was actually really good. On descent in the spot from last time, it wasn't as good. The truck didn't want to grip on the surface like it did when it was lighter, so it would slide down before coming to a stop in a spot where I'd rather it didn't stop. The more I did it, the more it would slide. It had been wet, so things were more muddy than last time, but I still think the extra weight didn't help it on the way down. Maybe I should have gotten the other type of weights. I think they were aluminum. I also tried descending in a couple alternative spots which I got photos of this time. There wasn't much to see after those pics because the truck just tumbled down from both spots. The whole face of the hill is super steep except for the spot where I ascended it, but it was still fun to try to conquer it on the way down. I took it to rock paradise, too. I was selective about where I drove it in order to avoid fishing wire. I think next time I go out with my Trailrunner, I'm going to return to the woods. I have the most fun there.

I took my Mini Z 4Runner to rock paradise, too. Unfortunately, it wasn't very much paradise for my Mini Z. The truck had a lot of trouble on those rocks. I guess they're just too big for the truck. I'll probably just keep it as an indoor truck from here on out. The Trailrunner is a whole lot more fun outside. Anyway, it was also my first time trying some of the new mods I made to my Mini Z. I got brass weights for the rear axle, and the wheels are new wheels that have brass weights premounted inside the tires by Kyosho. I'm still getting a feel for the new equipment. It seems it helps in some ways and hinders in others, but the other ways may be mitigated by careful throttle control. I'll use it a lot more in the winter. Oh, I also installed the light kit. You can see the headlights lit up in the shade in one of the pics.

You are going to have to step up your game Gama...

https://youtu.be/IRI7l-x21b8
RichinRidgewood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote