Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 10:53 AM

moses91 is on a distinguished road

moses91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm99 View Post
Agreed^ I updated the 97' to the Teflon or ceramic guide, and my 99' model was built Nov 98, and it got the old roller style guide and I just tightened it up a bit once I got bigger tires, if you pull the rack boot on the driver side and turn the wheel slightly back and forth you might see excessive play at the ITRE, tighten it a bit at a time until the steering wheel doesn't want to return to centre and back it off and try again until steering is smooth and wheel wants to return to centre, mind you your alignment is outta whack so go by feel.

This shouldn't have been enough to make your alignment impossible, just not precise, are the LBJ cams mirroring each other, tie rods within 2mm centred, with the poly rack bushings you can be off when you centre the rack and tighten it down, I had to loosen mine up and try again when I did my bushings.

Is it a bad thing if my new tie rods aren't mirrored? they're definitely not centered... (about 2" of threading exposed on driver side while passenger is about 1/2")
was told "it isnt a problem, since its an old vehicle. it happened during alignment" but my passenger side tire hits the frame rail on the back when turned hard right, and driver side does not do the same when turned hard left. I think this is related? alignment has been done a few times and i've never been told it couldn't be achieved.
moses91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote