View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 02:44 PM

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=sleepydad;3567101]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLife View Post

that is what most people call the rag joint.

Interesting, mine does look like shit, is this hard to replace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydad View Post
hmmm that almost sounds like the steering shaft part? there is a plastic bushing in there and a top dust seal?

have you watched Timmy vid on "the shaft?" as always he does an excellent job.

as a bonus it has some nice p orn type intro music in it... or that is what a friend of mine told me.
I did watch that but as far as I can tell I can't feel any play between the shaft and the steering wheel. Like if you reach under the dash and hold it while turning the wheel.

At a different alignment shop, I need her to at least be drive-able while i make other repairs.

The 2nd shop kept going on about "the wheel keeps turning back" and I'm like...yeah it should return to center. If it doesn't on one side the cam/caster is wrong most likely.

I freaking wish there was a DIY shop where I could pay to do the alignment myself. I was certified years ago, would take a minute but it's like riding a bike

Last edited by jross20; 11-15-2020 at 03:08 PM.
jross20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote