View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 05:19 PM

sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of

sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=jross20;3567147]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydad View Post

Interesting, mine does look like shit, is this hard to replace?

I did watch that but as far as I can tell I can't feel any play between the shaft and the steering wheel. Like if you reach under the dash and hold it while turning the wheel.

At a different alignment shop, I need her to at least be drive-able while i make other repairs.

The 2nd shop kept going on about "the wheel keeps turning back" and I'm like...yeah it should return to center. If it doesn't on one side the cam/caster is wrong most likely.

I freaking wish there was a DIY shop where I could pay to do the alignment myself. I was certified years ago, would take a minute but it's like riding a bike
being able to rent time on a quality rack with the lasers and readouts... for like 1 hour would be a great deal. I would be all over that.

replacing the rag joint is not hard, it's in that spot up on the drivers side firewall that is a pain to get @ but technically it's not a hard job at all. you have to pry that pinch joint apart and sometimes that takes a can of whoop-arse because they have been rusted together.

it's like 65-70$ from partsouq make sure you get the special bolts while your at it. 9011908560 they are like custom little wheel stud's that work with the spline joints.
sleepydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote