Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 07:27 PM

TheHolyCannoli is on a distinguished road

TheHolyCannoli is on a distinguished road
What's causing this tire wear pattern? Alignment or tire pressure?

2017 TRD Pro with about 500miles on new Wildpeak AT3W's (LT 275/70/17 C-load). Just today I noticed what seems like the beginning of an uneven wear pattern. Only seen on 2 tires, mainly the front drivers side, and slightly on the rear passenger side. The edges look and feel scuffed versus the smooth feel of the rest of the tread. Front alignment was done when the tires were put on. Prior to the alignment, I was had pulling to the right, but gone since then.

Shop initially set my pressures to 35psi all around. To make a long story short, load inflation tables and advice from others using LT tires on the 4runner lead me to believe that 35psi was the absolute minimum pressure for using an LT tire on the highway, and that technically I should be around 43-44psi all four corners. Did that for a few days and had vibrations through my seat (none in the steering wheel). Dialed things back a bit in the rear and vibration was gone. Did a little more reading and ended up with 40psi up front, 38ish rears (no cargo load).....but here I am now pretty much back at square one.
Attached Images
What's causing this tire wear pattern? Alignment or tire pressure?-1111-jpg  What's causing this tire wear pattern? Alignment or tire pressure?-2222-jpg  What's causing this tire wear pattern? Alignment or tire pressure?-3333-jpg  What's causing this tire wear pattern? Alignment or tire pressure?-4444-jpg 
TheHolyCannoli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote