Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 11:17 PM

PNWLivin is on a distinguished road

PNWLivin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Forrest Run View Post
I carry @100 lbs of tools and towing equipment.
The ride is a world of difference. It went from driving like a station wagon to driving like a proper 4x4. It’s not too stiff in my opinion, just very stable. Not harsh, but firm. If I did it again, I might go with the A springs for rear. I like the rake, but would be perfect if it was 1/2” lower in back. That said, I’m very happy with the result. I would not spend any more to replace rear springs. Hope this helps- Good luck!

Your thread has been super helpful and I've just bought a nitro kit for my 07. I got the 1.5" A rated rear coils since I don't have any bumpers, RTT, etc. I was also worried about the 8xx lb front performance spring but found the FJ coils have much lower spring rates. You have the B FJ coil at 660 lb so how do you like that up front? When you hit speed bumps or pot holes how would you describe the car reacts to it? I'm debating the A or B FJ coil up front and since the 4th gens are a little lighter than the 5th I'm leaning towards the A. Thanks for all your pics and write ups!
PNWLivin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote