Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 01:46 AM

texadelphia will become famous soon enough

texadelphia will become famous soon enough
Doesn't necessarily have to be cheap, but it does have to be an improvement, and I just don't want to take the housings apart.

I like HIDs for the function but I'd like to keep things looking as stock as possible. Most of the HIDs out there seem out of place to me on a 20 year old car appearance-wise, especially with halos and all the doo-dads. The most basic chrome housing that BXBuilt offers might be an option, but $500 is something I'd need to clear with the boss first.

I like the idea of upgrading the housings, harness and bulbs, if it really improves things. I looked at rockauto and the housings for a '97 are $100/piece. For a '99 they're $40/piece. Did they change to plastic lenses instead of glass or something? Are the '99 housings functionally better than the '97 housings?

We were on a 2 lane highway at night with oncoming traffic so low beam situation. Having auxiliary lights or a bar wouldn't have been an option.
Although we do have plenty of elk closer to where we live which is mostly back roads so something like auxiliary lights might make things better. But again, I'd like to keep things looking stock as much as possible.