Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 09:21 PM

payeentbawlur is on a distinguished road

payeentbawlur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm- View Post
I'd pull your battery out and take it to to an auto parts store and have them tell how much CCAs its outputing (as well as voltage). They also do charging there too (for free) but if you have a bad cell nothing will help it. Sometimes batteries can still show good voltage but struggle with cold cranking amps. Any parts store will do the test for free and be happy to tell you why you need to buy a new battery. lol
Well, you were absolutely correct.

As were most of the responses in this thread. Took the battery to Advance and they tested it: All the cells in the battery were shot, 10 volts, and literally 0 CCA. So, as you can imagine, I got a new battery. Sort of a relief to be honest, at least knowing what the issue was/is. I do feel a bit silly for going on the initial wild goose chase and talked to my Dad about it and he said he was not aware you could have a battery full of voltage but have no cranking amps. So, we both learned a little bit today.

Put the new battery in 10 minutes ago. She started up like brand new.

So thank you gentle sirs! I very much appreciate every response and wisdom this forum has offered me. I should have just posted on here in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinNH67 View Post
Not so much your body as low voltage is not a big deal but wrenches, metal watches and such are the issue. It's just safer pulling the negative side to break the circuit.
Okay okay, I will definitely start practicing this. Thank you for the response, just trying to soak in as much knowledge as I can right now.
payeentbawlur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote