Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 03:43 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by raKnizek View Post
How is the quality on that harness in your opinion? I found a way pricier version so I am just curious how its held up for you.

H-4 Headlight Relay Conversion Harness | Painless Performance
Works great, on my second winter with it now. Doesn't get hot at all. Before I was running 60W/55W bulbs on stock wiring that's 18AWG which technically speaking, is exceeding the capacity of the wire since it's around 12 ft long. This harness is 14AWG and the longest power wire is about 6 ft long. That means I can run roughly 15 amps safely which is perfect, since the 100/80W bulbs will pull around 14.8ish amps on high beams and 11.8 amps on low beams at 13.8V. There's some safety room built in there as well as it's not going to start melting at 16 amps. The harness plugs are ceramic as well, you CANNOT use plastic connectors for the 100/80W bulbs so stay away from any of them that do have it, I noticed the one you linked is plastic. They will start to deform after repeated use. Here's the diagram of the harness:

Think of it this way: I can buy 6 of these harnesses before spending $150 on an over-engineered wire harness. There's some people that are ok spending $500+ on brighter headlights and supporting parts. I'm not one of those, this is a 22 year old SUV we are talking about.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build

Last edited by gamefreakgc; 11-20-2020 at 03:49 PM.
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote