Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 02:50 PM

Bikeric will become famous soon enough Bikeric will become famous soon enough

Bikeric will become famous soon enough Bikeric will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4R2014 View Post
Disk area does not change with TBU. The main "upgrade" is a thicker rotor. 231's will get you more pad area.

Depending on your SR5, it may already have the larger "Limited" calipers you speak of. If you have the painted flares then it has the bigger calipers. I would recommend quality rotors and pads along with a rear drum service.

ALSO, if you have 15 inch wheels then there are also minor differences in the rear wheel cylinders. Just keep these things in mind if you go with Tundra brakes. All these things can affect VSC and ABS.
I was not aware of the different rear wheel cylinders. My 4Runner came with 16" brakes, but I went down in size to 15" rotors/calipers so I could fit 15" wheels with 31x10.5's. My braking power is just fine, but I always felt the brake pedal had a "2-step" in it after the swap. My opinion was that the rear drums were engaging before the front calipers and I had been considering changing the master cylinder. Now, I will either look into the rear drum wheel cylinders OR go back to the 16" brakes with bigger wheels again.
Thanks,