Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 03:31 AM

Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about

Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about
This thread needs an update!

Seems like this build had gone different ways than originally anticipated. The General Grabber APT tires are on in size 265/70 r18 and while installing the shop knicked a rim. I was planning on refinishing them all anyway but I went ahead and knocked that project out in a day or two. The garage was very smelly.

Currently I am in the process of building the True North Fab rear bumper and swingout. I got the DIY kit because I can't let them have all the fun and I will likely be modifying the design once complete. I have a few goodies sitting on the shelf which are waiting for install after I complete the bumper. I must apologize that I have been updating Instagram and some of the FB groups more than I have t4r.org but if you look close you'll see my pictures bouncing around the interwebs. I also have done a new media setup and will be making some videos logging the mods that I do to help others looking to DIY modify the 4runners. I'll have an update and link once everything is live. Lots of editing and stuff I am learning in the process and so far I'm enjoying it. Video editing is a little tedious and now I understand why there is a degree in it. It can be very complicated if you want to make a professional level presentation.

Sneak peak at some of the stuff going on in the garage.

Sadly the end caps would support a deck of playing cards. There is no drainage in the back of these frames to speak of. I fixed that.

I cheated a bit when welding these. Spatter gel works well at keeping the threads clean when welding.

When the weld nuts broke loose in the back I couldn't think of a way to make them welded again so I cut some windows in and then rewelded plates in to help support. The welds are disgusting but they are solid. Very tight welding for sure. I will also be redoing all of the rustproofing in the rear before I finalize the rear setup.

Bumper has been zipped for the new rear setup. I did not realize how much room was under the truck!

This TNF is a great kit. Everything fits well and beyond prepping I haven't had to do a thing to make it work for the truck.

So close I can almost taste it. Thanksgiving is a good day to knock this out.

The new workspace......its getting better

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 11-26-2020 at 03:46 AM.
Kryptoroxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote