Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:35 AM

arehman11 has a spectacular aura about arehman11 has a spectacular aura about

arehman11 has a spectacular aura about arehman11 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalvert86 View Post
I'll add my recent experience as a data point:

P285/70/17 wildpeaks installed day after 20 Pro delivered, DTD balanced them again the following day due to vibration 50-60mph, much better.

15k mile service w/ rotation - now we're back to vibration 50-60mph. Take it back to DTD, they rebalance and it doesn't go away. They're nice enough to prorate a new set of wildpeaks.

New set installed - vibration. Rebalanced, vibration.

Ordered KO2s, installed - less vibration than the wildpeaks but instead of 50-60mph only, the KO2s have a vibration anything over 35mph.

At this point, I'm not sure what to order. I do know I'm going to a different DTD location.

New Toyo AT3, try another set of wildpeaks?

Who knows.

Before anyone mentions it - all the machines at my local DTD are the Hunter road force balancers.
I had this issue, turns out my local DTD wasn’t familiar with needing to use the haweka or finger adapters for 6 lug Toyota wheels. Both my Tacoma and 4runner had the issue, pro wheels on the 4Runner and TRD offroad wheels on the Tacoma. Once the proper adapters were used, both were smooth as glass at any speed.