Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 07:07 PM

Jtorral is on a distinguished road

Jtorral is on a distinguished road
Leveling kit, safety and tire size and rubbing on 4runner 2021

First of all,

I am new to the forum. Former JK owner who sold it to order the Bronco. I was on 1st day reservation list and ready to order till I saw the manual transmission is being made in China.

Having said that, my wife said to get a 4 door. Quite honestly, not much into 4 doors but realize practicality. Went to look at the 4dr jeeps and just could not handle the shoe box on wheels look. Not so bad on a 2 door. Plus a few other things were putting me off including trim.

Always loved Toyotas but never owned one because I tend to purchase domestic if I can. Having said that, my 4 door options that are capable vehicle were pretty limited. And I must say, I do love the look of the 4runner. So this weekend, i became the proud owner of a 2021 TRD Off Road premium which I love so far. The thing is awesome. I read people complaining about the plastic look inside being dated and cheap looking. All I can say is, have a look at a Jeep and then tell me what looks cheap

Now to the subject of my post.

Been reading a lot about the wheel upgrades and tire size rubbing issues. I really wanted to go with 285's or worse case scenario 275's. with some nice Nitto or KM2 tires. Picked up the TRD Pro wheels today and am heading after work for the tire swap for 265's

Please help me out here before end of day PST. The reason for the stock size is as follows. Apparently Toyota has informed all dealers not to install leveling kits on vehicles with the safety send collision warning system. My vehicle falls into that category. According to the service guy and a few others I spoke with, raising the height of the vehicle screws with the calibration of the radar system and could render the safety sensors useless or inaccurate. If any of you have heard of this please chime in.

I could do the 275's but I heard they still rub without the leveling kit even after pushing the liner in some.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jtorral is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote