Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 08:47 PM

DMiller is on a distinguished road

DMiller is on a distinguished road
3rd generation key fobs yes or no?

I am working through a couple things on Betty, my New ;-) 2000 4Runner.
It's an SR5 V6 Auto.
I have got some new keys cut and from what I understand the SR5 should have key fobs.
I have got some and can't seem to enter the programming sequence on the vehicle.
Even took to dealer and they said they could not either and blamed it on the rear door power lock not locking. They said fix the back door and come back.
You would have thought they might have said sorry it does not support key fobs but it was a dealer.

There is a problem with the rear door. There is no rear lock cylinder and the lock actuator does not work. It make some noise but does not move.

I probably will just find a new door from a wrecker as it even with the silly prices in Canada at a wrecker it's cheaper than buying a new lock cylinder, Lock actuator and lock and the missing actuator rod from Toyota. The back window does go up and down. :-)

There are also two holes in the rear door where a previous tried to access the crank for the spare tire. But that can be fixed.

Sorry for rambling but the question is should my SR5 work with Key Fob's or is this an option? It does not seem to have the theft deterrent horn in the engine compartment so I don't think it has the anti theft system.

Thanks
Dave
DMiller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote