Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 05:40 PM

tgreenwood75 is on a distinguished road

tgreenwood75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom8706 View Post
Just out of curiosity how much torque do you think you are using trying to remove it? Are you using a hex socket on a breaker bar or a hex allen wrench?

I know those guides are only suppose to be torqued to 18 FT LB so it shouldnt need much but like you said after years of not moving it could be rusted up pretty well. Either way if it was me id use a cheater bar to get as much length as possible for better leverage. 24mm is a big hex so i dont foresee any stripping or issues from giving it a good amount of torque. Id personally stay away from using heat in that area but other people might say different.

Im actually going to be doing the exact same thing this weekend for the same reason. Let me know how big of a difference it made if you can. Im trying to track down my freeway wondering.
I'll keep you updated as soon as I break mine free, should be a quick and easy job barring this obstacle!
tgreenwood75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote