Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:42 PM

sugjavier will become famous soon enough

sugjavier will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegipper View Post
I pay $92 every 6 months for liability and road side assistance on my 97 T4R. We do have two other vehicles with full coverage with state farm and our home owners insurance through them so I'm sure I get some kind of discount.

A little side story about insurance companies. A few years ago we had a bad hail storm and my aluminum siding on my house got all dented up from it. The state farm guy came out and looked at it for like 2 minutes and was like "yup" it's ruined. We got a check for about $15,000 to have all of the siding on our house and garage to be replaced. My neighbor with the EXACT same damage to the EXACT same siding was denied by their insurance (American Family).

Moral of the story, you can save a few bucks by going with a "cheap" insurance company but god forbid you actually need to use it, you may be screwed. I've heard other stories from friends who had state farm and they have always been good.

Just something to consider when insurance shopping.
Definitely true about the insurance thing. I've heard great things about State farm. Right now we have Sterling Insurance which is connected to GM right now from my dad.