Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 10:47 AM

Captsolo will become famous soon enough

Captsolo will become famous soon enough
Who would use "your oil" in a Toyota car or truck if Toyota doesn't want it or approve it?

You got to be kidding.

Spelunker writes: "I used synthetic once on my 03 and noticed a burning oil smell for a few weeks. I stick with conventional now."

Just my opinion: synthetic is so much "thinner" it leaks past your gaskets. Never will I try synthetic again in my 2005 4runner - purchased new in 2005 / 150,000 miles. It gave me "OIL LEAKS" immediately. WOW! A great oil!

Switched back to conventional and the leaks stopped. I'll let you know when my 4runner passes 300,000 miles on conventional (and zero to one drop a month - in oil leaks).

Stick with Scotty Kilmer advice if you value your cars and trucks and their engines. scotty kilmer oil leak - Bing video

PS You can run whatever oil you want as far as I'm concerned. Synthetic is not for me, however!

Last edited by Captsolo; 12-05-2020 at 11:04 AM.