View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 02:40 PM

alia176 will become famous soon enough alia176 will become famous soon enough

alia176 will become famous soon enough alia176 will become famous soon enough
My '03 has sliding glass has been rattling since I've owned it and found a '04 in the junk yard so I pulled the sunroof cassette. I'm hoping by swapping out the '04 unit into my '03, the annoying rattle will cease. I just read the TSB on curing this rattle but failed to inspect the '04 unit to see if the TSB was applied to it at the factory.

Anyway, I"m keeping my fingers crossed.

Here's the TSB for folks to refer to as necessary. It speaks of doing some simple things but the main thing is the lack of lubrication under the wind deflector guide block. It also shows the placement of a plastic/vinyl tubing around the wind deflector guide rod. Some folks put plastic washers or rubber grommets around this rod to decrease their rattle.

While the headliner was dropped, I took the opportunity to clean the rodent nest that was on top, run the video camera wire along the ceiling edge to the front, wash all plastic interior panels in the bathtub, vac/clean years of offroading dust from behind the plastic interior panels and finally, apply Rattle Trap sound deadening matt to the ceiling and to the sides.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf TSB moonroof.pdf (687.9 KB, 358 views)
alia176 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote