Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 05:02 PM

WallyWest is on a distinguished road

WallyWest is on a distinguished road
FS: '03 4Runner Sport, project or parts donor, new parts included, $2k, Lancaster PA

*edit* Screwed up the title, should say '02. It's a 3rd gen.

Selling it mostly because the frame is rusted badly. Possibly could be repaired and driven for a few years at least, but my advice if you wanted to do that is prepare for a frame swap within 5 years.

If I have no luck finding a buyer for the whole thing I will consider parting it out.

180k miles.

Known issues:

Rust. Lived most of it's life in PA, so yeah. Pics below. The worst of it is in the right rear, but everything is somewhat rusty.

Evap code, been living with it, hasn't affected gas mileage.

No exhaust from cat back. Cat seems fine, I replaced the downstream O2 sensor years ago and it's run good since then. The muffler and pipes were replaced at the same time and they have literally fallen apart. Last time it was driven, a few months ago, the muffler and pipe fell off the mount to the cat and was dragging on the ground.

No battery. I had just replaced it last year, and it failed on me. Returned it for a refund and didn't replace it since it was parked at that point anyway.

Last time I drove it at freeway speeds the front end had a vibration that was new. Nothing obviously broken but I didn't look into it further.

New and new-ish parts:

Front brakes were upgraded to Tundra 231mm calipers, new rotors, new pads. About 500 miles on them. Was a huge upgrade in braking performance.

Rear drums were rebuilt 4ish years ago, ebrake works fine.

New plugs and wires. NGK double platinum plugs, and NGK wires. 2k miles or so on those.

Center console backlights replaced with LEDs. That's gotta add at least $5 to the price.

Timing belt is original, but I have all the parts to replace it. All the recommended, OEM brand stuff. Including a new Denso radiator.

Hit me up here over PM if you want more pics, have questions about it, want to drop by and see it, etc...

Thanks.

Shared album - Wally West - Google Photos

Oh, and the straps around the LCA mount are not necessary. That was a preemptive measure, I didn't want it dropping on the road while driving. But I think it's a long way from actually doing that.

Last edited by WallyWest; 12-12-2020 at 11:38 PM.
WallyWest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote