View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 11:37 PM

Traveler74 is on a distinguished road

Traveler74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoe View Post
Yes starter can have these symptoms but from following your previous threads I’d say it’s highly unlikely your starter packed it in right at this instant.

I’d also say that pulling and replacing the plugs on the v6 might be opening another can of worms for you. It’s not that simple especially if you don’t know how long the current ones have been in the engine.

Just try the ratchet on the engine as is. Medium arm strength should be able to move the crank a few degrees even if the plugs are in. You don’t need to spin it far to see if it is seized. If it won’t move at all then you can try the plugs.

[B]As for your idle issue, many threads ago you talked about a massive hole in your intake plumbing. Did you replace these parts? The engine will not idle if the intake system has air leaks, especially big ones. {/B]

Good luck my friend.
I replaced the spark plugs with new platinum ones as soon as I bought the truck.
Massive hole in the air intake system ?? Oh, yes. Now I remember. There was a crack in the corrugated air tube just prior to it going into the throttle body. As a temporary measure, I taped it up good and tight. I had planned on cleaning the throttle body and IAC but this new issue popped up before I could get to it.
Traveler74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote