Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 08:48 AM

ice man 1 is on a distinguished road

ice man 1 is on a distinguished road
I just completed the Bilsteinlifts.com 5100 2.5” front lift / leveling kit on my 2007 4th gen V8 4Runner. ($400) I set them at 2.5” and ended up with no increase in the rear (No rear lift is included in this kit) and right around 2 inches in the front, giving me a reverse (front nose) rake of about 1/2” after things have settled down now and the rig has driven a 1,000 miles and taken a few off-road trips. I have mounted a RTT and it is level at the tent now. I intend to replace the rear springs though so that when I get the winch mounted it will level things out perfectly once again and give me just a little more clearance in the back. (Still looks like a grocery getter.)
The front lift made a tremendous difference in the looks of the rig and pulled the nose up nicely. Looks substantial and I’m not dragging it in snow drifts and over rocks. I was worried initially that I’d need an alignment, but everything has checked out nicely. No other work required.
However, do your research and watch all the vids before tackling this job. I tried to take the shortcut of NOT removing the front sway bars. Cost me time and energy and I had to do it anyways. Internet said 3 hours. Mine took nearly twice that. But overall, very happy with the results. Handles incredibly well in every situation I’ve put it through.
ice man 1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote