Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM

Aircrwman is an unknown quantity at this point

Aircrwman is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been import racing for some years now and I notice that a lot of people make this mistake. One thing that you need to realize is that when you make additions to your motor, you need to make adjustments to your ecu (Engine Control Unit) (ie. Tune). Yes, you can strap on a cold air intake and make a lot of noise, but I am sure you are wondering where that 7 hp increase, as they advertised. The increase in horse power is going to take a couple of steps.

1) buy your bolt on
2) buy a stand-alone EMS-ECU (Engine Management System - Engine Control Unit) (ie. computer), piggy-back system, or buy a chip.

You have a couple choices here and I would recommend the first one. It will cost you a little bit more money, but the outcome will be better!

3) Take your car/truck to a DYNO and have them tune it and run it on the dyno to gain optimum performance!

or If you get a EMS-ECU or piggy-back system. You can tune your motor on the run (ie. while you are driving with a friend tuning your car)

Either way, you will get that horsepower that they companies are talking about in the advertisements. Now you know....don't just slap on a bolt-on and expect amazing results, because you won't, until you tune it!

Last edited by Aircrwman; 11-03-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Aircrwman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote