Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 11:35 PM

Sgt. Rock is on a distinguished road

Sgt. Rock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkheath View Post
Toyota has an OEM add on remote start that goes at least through the 2019 4Runner : PT39889140 - Remote Engine Starter - Genuine Toyota Accessory Note: the part number works for both the push button start, and the regular key start vehicles, BUT there are different installation instructions for it depending on what start version you have.

There are aftermarket (non-Toyota) remote starts, but I wouldn't trust them for they often butcher the wiring for installation which will void your warranty.

With synthetic oil, your 4Runner needs an oil change once a year (the six month service is just a tire rotation), thus your service agreement would be for 10 services at $200 each. That seems high to me. (Remember, all new Toyotas sold in the US come with FREE scheduled maintenance for the first two years, so be sure any extended maintenance agreement starts after that)
Update: I went to the custom add-on shop that did my tint on the 2011. They have a VIPER remote that works with my factory smart key. It operates the same as my old factory remote and is plug and play...no cutting or soldering. Since I don't want to wait until March for weather that's warm enough to work outside, I'll let them install it. $289 plus tax. A lot better than the Toyota stealer!

It is a Viper DS4 remote start.

STAND-UP FOR YOUR COUNTRY - T B A 22/24

Last edited by Sgt. Rock; 12-28-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added info
Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote