View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 12:42 AM

smeerun has a spectacular aura about smeerun has a spectacular aura about smeerun has a spectacular aura about

smeerun has a spectacular aura about smeerun has a spectacular aura about smeerun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamlv282 View Post
I don't know why this keeps getting repeated. KDSS is proven across multiple vehicles and rarely has issues.

My 2015 has 75k miles and I have had zero issues with the KDSS system despite multiple suspension modifications and moderate off-road use.

This forum likes to parrot that KDSS is problematic but I think data would suggest otherwise.
Completely valid point. It seems to be said a lot on these forums without having too many examples of people actually having issues with KDSS. My stance is that because we do know that it is expensive to repair and that it is an optional component (and by that nature, not required), it does mean that one has to be prepared to fork out extra dough down the line should it fail. Sure it may never fail (and that would be awesome) but because it is not a required component when you purchase a 4Runner it is worth noting that it (like anything) may fail and is an expensive repair bill. I think that we just need to adjust our language around KDSS when talking about it "having problems"...

My rig is sitting at 102k miles and, to my knowledge as the third owner, there have been no issues thus far.

Quote:
KDSS is a huge upgrade for body roll on-road. At higher speeds off-road (20mph+ on dirt roads, logging trails) it can be too stiff and feel rough but when you're at lower speeds KDSS loosens up and is amazing off-road.
I absolutely love the ride and if I were to buy a brand new 4Runner tomorrow, I'd get KDSS no questions asked. It's fantastic off-road at low speeds and makes the street ride comfortable as hell.

Exterior: Toyo OC A/T III 265/70/17 (TE Wheels) | Dobinsons UCA's + C59-302/GS59-700 Front + C59-500/GS59-705 Rear | C4 Rock Sliders | SSO Roof Rack | Ironman 8.5" Awning | Tacoma Low-Profile Antenna | Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Fogs | CTH Folding Mirrors + LED Sequential Blinker Mirrors
Interior: VanTrue N4 3-chan Dashcam | Husky Liners Floor Mats | Canvasback Rear Covers | Blue Ridge "Attic"

Last edited by smeerun; 12-25-2020 at 02:08 AM.
smeerun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote