Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 02:35 PM

Engineer has a spectacular aura about Engineer has a spectacular aura about

Engineer has a spectacular aura about Engineer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfac View Post
I have a 2018 runner I just loves. It is my daily driver, and I do tend to drive it a LOT for work. 20K a year or more. My job requires I keep 2-300 lbs of gear loaded in the back at ALL TIMES... so while I do not have a big massive titanic steel bumper, I do carry some extra weight...

Because I live in Utah and Moab is only 2 hours away, I am required by law to take it wheeling down there 2-3 times a year. I do basic and moderate trails (Like White Rim or Gemini Bridges), not over-the-top like Top of the World or Hells Back and Revenge.... and I am good with that level of wheeling.

So right now I have KO2s and a full STEEL skid on it. Also a Gobi stealth. SO I am a moderate (and I am even willing to say Im a newb... I have a LOT to learn!)

I want to do a lift now. I THINK I want a 2-3" lift.... I figure with that AND full skids, I should be 100% for the trails I do.

I just dont know where to go. I am thinking like an OME... but do I want normal, medium or heavy? Or maybe an Icon Level 2? I would love to do King but I dont have the scratch and I feel that may be overkill. Or maybe something else? I dont want to get too expensive, and it IS a daily driver.... so I dont want to go too crazy.

So with all the gear I carry daily, and my use case, where do you think I should go? What should I get?

Also, I DO think I want an UCA.... I may get bigger tires, and I think having the adjustability of a SPC UCA is a good thing to have.... is this good idea, or have I hit the heights of Dunning-Krugger?

GO ahead, be merciless... call me a newb and an idiot, but help me find what I need for my use please!

Dave
What size of tire do you currently run and are you planning to change that once you get your lift?

Personally, if you are happy with the trails you currently run and do not plan to put on larger tires I wouldn't bother with the lift for the amount of driving you do. I would consider a set of sliders to give you a bit more confidence if you feel that would be helpful.

I would do the smallest lift to clear the tires you want and stay away from rebuildable shocks with that amount of mileage per year.
2014 Trail Edition Premium, 285/70/R17 BFG KM2, RadFlo 2.5" Coilovers and Rear Shocks, 50qt ARB Fridge, OTRATTW Switches, BudBuilt Bumpout Sliders, Gobi Rack + Ladder / 40" Rigid E2 /Rotopax and MaxTrax mounted, ARB CKMTA12, 270amp Alternator, Southern Style Slimline Hybrid Front Bumper w/ Warn Zeon 10S and Front Fogs, Metal Oil Canister, Sound Deadening Insulation w/ Focal Front Speakers,Black Weather Tech mats and custom pin striping & dents (the trees & bushes did it for free)
Engineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote