Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 02:37 PM

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough
So, $130 later, a Toyota technician said that all four camber bolts were very loose so hightened them all the spec.

Surprisingly though this made literally no difference on the sound, it still just as often and just as loud. The tech actually came to the front and personally told me that he was shocked that twerking the bolts made no difference. Said that he checked the torque on everything else he could think of, and confirmed that he can't find any play in anything. So he apologized and and basically said "I've no idea what it is".

So we're back to square one, I will say that I've noticed that the noise seems to go away when it's really cold, and I mean like sub 40° F. It's been 32° F for a few days now and since then the truck has been silent.

I just have no earthly clue what that means... if it comes back when it warms up then I guess I can say that it has to do with temperature? Blah
jross20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote