Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 02:28 PM

theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice

theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Bull View Post
It’s been a while.

Finally got sliders back on with the help of my friend Tuan Vu and his amazing welding skills. Still... still need to figure the tub job out again.

TBH I am somewhat resentful of this build for some reason. Maybe that flop took the wind out of my sails. I dunno. lol. Part of me wants to drop back down to 33’s to solve the tubbing issue.
You resentful because it's a lot of work to build a rig and you are having to do it twice. Tubbing is the hardest part of it so of course your second guessing whether to stick with 35's.

I was on real 33's(295/70/17) for about a year. With what and how I wheel they simply weren't the tire for me. I was able to do some hard trails with them but 35's would make it so much easier. So I stepped it up. When I kill these 35's I'll be going up to 38's. It will be a metric shit ton of work to do it right. For me that work is worth it to have the extra clearance and ability to more easily roll over big obstacles.

Sit down with a few beers and ask yourself how hard you want to push the wheeling. If you don't have plans to run things that are considered stupid in IFS rigs 33's will be fine. If you want to join the body and brain damaged guys better get out the grinder and welder. lol